Learn to make a Roman blind.
Classes are currently suspended because of Covid 19. We will update this site when we have more information.
Small group of students - maximum 5 students per course. All equipment will be provided and the course will take place in our purpose built workshop in Huddersfield.
Parking is available on site and is free.
Each student will need to bring or buy the materials required to make their blind - advice can be given when the course is booked. Students will need their chosen fabric, plus linings and hanging kits.
Kits and linings can be bought from Manorhouse at below retail price and a large range of fabrics can be bought if ordered in advance.
The outcome of the course will be a finished roman blind.
You will learn how to construct a blind, both with a standard fold, where all of the pleats stack neatly on top of each other and also learn how to set them so that the folds cascade. The rod pockets on the reverse of the blind are contained within the lining fabric and there are no unsightly stitch lines showing on the front of the blind. The techniques covered are essential to make high quality items for your own home or for friends and family.
What will be covered
- Health and Safety regulations relating to roman blinds
- The various headrail and fixing options available to hang your blinds, including contact details for suppliers
- How to measure a window and how to deal with walls that are not aligned
- Calculating your fabric requirements for your project
- Your options for linings and interlinings and their suitability for your project
- Dealing with pattern matching and pattern placement
- Cutting out your fabric
- How to calculate the positions of rod pockets
- Creating rod pockets in the lining
- Putting the various elements together to form your blind
- Stringing your blind & attaching it to the headrail system
To book a place visit our main website here.